About Me

My photo
I write. I act. I like glitter a little too much and live inside my head. Its pretty there. :)

Monday, December 5, 2011

Gone by Cambria Covell

Together we lay in the grassy field under the velvet night sky and stared up at the stars. His large hand intertwined with my small one, covering it whole. I rested my head against his chest. The sound of his heart beat going thump, thump, thump lulled me into a peaceful sleep. When I woke, I reached for him to find only air. I was back in my room that I had never left. It was only a dream. The constant ache from being alone because he had been gone for so long was what was real. Even though I wanted to close my eyes and go back to sleep to see if I could dream him up again, I reluctantly got up from my bed to face the day. I couldn’t stop just because he wasn’t there anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment